- How to enable SSL/HTTPS on a Joomla site
- How often should you renovate your website?
- KRACK Vulnerablity Warning
- Redirect from non-www to www and Vice-versa
- Joomla 3.7 is here!
- You've Been Keeked
- Xpression Webs Mascot - Meet Cooper
- Will we soon have aerial delivery from drones?
- What is Joomla?
- Viral Videos - Help Your Business Go Wild!
- Upgrading a Joomla Website
- The Mobile Apocalypse is coming - Are you ready?
- Social Media User Mistakes
- Search Engine Optimization Violations
- Say Goodbye to Metro Tiles in Windows 9 for Your Desktop
- Protecting Your Thermal Signature
- Never Put Email Addresses on Your Website
- Is your Joomla website secure?
- Is the Facebook Messenger App Invading Your Privacy?
- How to be Social
- How to add custom coding to your Joomla website
- History of Xpression Webs
- Facebook Bans Like-Gating
- Eight Reasons Why Businesses Need a Website
- Create a Slideshow Video on YouTube
- Cool Computer Tips
- Can a video on my website increase my website's SEO?
- Blog Like No One is Watching
- Bill Gates - His Journey and Choices
- Applying Joomla Updates is Essential
- Apple's iPhone 6, Apple Pay and Apple Watch
Xpression Webs Blog
How to enable SSL/HTTPS on a Joomla site
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, it is a security protocol that transmits private data across your Joomla site to the encrypted format. Accordingly, connections to/within your site will be on the secure https protocol instead of the standard http prefix.
If your site doesn't have a SSL certificate, you should seriously consider getting one in the near future. An SSL can help protect your customers' data, and it may well give you a ranking boost in Google's search results.
You normally purchase a SSL Certificate from the company you are hosting your website with. Web hosts charge you an additional yearly fee for Certificates and normally you pay up front for a yearly SSL certificate. Once paid and activated on your account, your host will advise you when the SSL Certificate is ready to be activated on your website.
Steps to Enable your SSL Certificate in your Joomla site
How often should you renovate your website?
Small/Medium Websites: Every 2-3 years.
Large Websites: Every 5-7 years, with a moderate design refresh every 2-3 years.
Website Renovation - Xpression Webs have worked with many customers throughout the years to renovate their websites. This has allowed customers to continue to keep up with the latest technology and keep websites current with design trends.
KRACK Vulnerablity Warning
A serious new vulnerability called KRACK (Key Reinstallation Attacks) was announced recently, likely impacting anyone who uses Wi-Fi. All Wi-Fi connection points and devices could be vulnerable. KRACK can allow attackers access to important information like credit card numbers, passwords, and emails transmitted over any Wi-Fi network.
Redirect from non-www to www and Vice-versa in your Joomla website
If your Joomla website is accessible with and without a www prefix you will have an issue with duplicate URL’s. Google will see both versions of your pages as multiple website instance of the same content and they might penalize your site for it.
Is your website ready for Joomla! 3.7?
Joomla! 3.7 is a one-click update just like previous 3.x versions. If your site is not already running version 3.6.5, it is recommended that you update immediately. Before upgrading it is important to update all of your third party extensions and to take and test a full backup of your site. This is also a good time to connect with your hosting company or cpanel (if you have on available) and check your PHP and database versions.